As we expand our practice in the design and implementation of great places and healthy communities, Union Studio is looking for a Community Designer and/or Architect to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience in both land planning and the architectural elements of walkable, human-scaled neighborhoods and communities. He or she shares our passion for contributing to the health and equity of new and existing communities through architecture and urban design.
- A professional degree in architecture and/or urban design
- 3 to 7 years of experience in the design of walkable communities, pocket neighborhoods, and urban spaces.
- Facility creating compelling presentations which include rendered drawings, perspective drawings, digital models and PowerPoint presentations.
- Commitment to equitable and sustainable planning and building practices,
- Belief that tradition is the foundation of truly creative work.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and meeting facilitation.
- Sense of humor and a willingness to share the load within a growing office of 30 colleagues.
Union Studio believes in using the power of design to enrich lives and strengthen communities. Since our founding in 2001, we have had the goal of using our skills as architects and urban designers to make a civic contribution to communities of all types, and we remain a mission-based firm committed to designing sustainable places that will be loved for generations.
Union Studio is an equal-opportunity employer. To apply, e-mail your cover letter, resume, and work samples to Dana Powers, Director of Operations, at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!