Hiring Salary Range: $97,165-115,832 DOQ
EXCELLENT BENEFITS including $5,100 HRA to pay for unreimbursed health expenses OR to pay dependent health insurance premiums.
Manage the activities of Public Works Capital Improvement projects related to water, wastewater, stormwater and streets and including the City’s 2021 Bond Program. This includes coordinating and overseeing the work of consultants and contractors, developing bid specifications and overseeing the bid process, construction schedule preparation and monitoring, budget compliance and resolving conflicts or other issues pertaining to project construction.
• Coordinates and oversees the work of consulting engineers and contractors for the construction of the City’s Public Works Capital Improvement projects.
• Develops project plans and bid specifications and/or coordinates with consulting engineers in developing project plans and bid specifications.
• Prepares and/or verifies project cost estimates and project schedules.
• Coordinates the bid letting and award process in accordance with State and City procurement laws and procedures.
• Coordinates and leads pre-construction meetings with contractors, engineers, City representative and other utility companies and other interested representatives.
• Routinely conducts onsite visits to monitor construction progress, safety procedures and identify potential issues.
• Monitors compliance with project budget and schedule; work with contractors to resolve issues; proactively informs the Director of Public Works and City Management of potential issues related to the budget and timeline.
• Evaluates and responds to technical inquiries from inspectors, consulting engineers, contractors, and other City departments.
• Reviews and approves pay applications and invoices from consulting engineers and contractors.
• Verifies compliance of final close-out procedures for the general contractors, consulting engineers and other contractors including receipt of record drawing for completed construction projects.
• Maintains safety standards in conformance with federal, state, and insurance regulations and develop a program of preventative safety.
• Addresses citizen questions, concerns and complaints regarding construction operations.
• Prepares a variety of reports for City Management and presents as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university.
• Four (4) years of related project management experience.
• Possession of a Professional Engineer license
• Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license
• A combination of education, training and experience providing the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
The City of Fate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Please sign in to leave a comment.