TITLE: Executive Director
LOCATION: Plant City, FL
SALARY: $42,000 – $54,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 30, 2021 at 5pm
EXPECTED START: October 18, 2021
The mission of Plant City Main Street is to preserve, maintain and improve the historic downtown district of Plant City, Florida.
As a Main Street America Affiliate, Plant City Main Street is part of a national network of more than 1,200 neighborhoods and communities who share both a commitment to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development.
The Main Street Executive Director coordinates activity within a downtown revitalization program that utilizes historic preservation for downtown development through: Organization, Economic Vitality, Promotion, and Design. He/she is responsible for the development, conduct, and execution of Plant City Main Street.
- Work with the Board of Directors and committees to develop and implement revitalization programs for downtown Plant City focused on the four pillars of Main Street: Organization, Economic Vitality, Promotion, and Design.
- Develop and maintain an annual organizational budget. Coordinate with the Treasurer and/or board President to provide updates to the PCMS board, and quarterly financial & impact reports.
- Foster and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with City of Plant City staff and leadership including, but not limited to: Community Services, Planning & Zoning, Traffic, Engineering, Code Enforcement, Historic Resources Board, CRA and Plant City Police Department.
- Foster and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with stakeholder and community partners, such as the Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce & Plant City Economic Development Corporation.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication to all Plant City Main Street members, partners and stakeholders. Must be able to work with all personality types, and excel at conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Recruit and retain Plant City Main Street members and sponsors in and around Historic Downtown Plant City. Attract new businesses and stakeholders to relocate and invest in downtown Plant City. Create strong working relationships to streamline economic growth in downtown.
- Develop and maintain data systems to track the process and progress of downtown and Plant City Main Street. These systems should include economic monitoring, individual building files, photographic documentation of physical changes and information on job creation and business retention.
- Oversee Plant City Main Street events and recruiting volunteers to successfully execute events. Coordinate promotional events, such as Last Friday in Downtown and Topics on Top, and continually improve the quality of events and attract people downtown.
- Plan and execute block parties, large-scale events and small programming activities to continually enhance the experience in downtown. Responsible for making sure events are financially profitable and that they align with Plant City Main Street’s mission and vision.
- Develop and conduct on-going public awareness and education programs designed to enhance appreciation of the downtown’s merchants, architecture, events and other assets. Use speaking engagements, media interviews and personal appearances to keep downtown in the public eye.
- Support social media and marketing content, such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Manage the Plant City Main Street website content and updates.
- Work with business owners, the City of Plant City, and other stakeholders to encourage design excellence in all aspects of physical and visual assets in the downtown district.
- Have an in-depth understanding of CRAs and be able to accurately articulate the role it plays in fostering downtown design and economic development.
- Assist individual tenants or property owners with design improvements projects through consultation and advising professional design consultants.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Nonprofit management, fundraising, and grant writing/processes; Experience in maintaining 501(C)(3) status
- Financial management and basic accounting, including Quickbooks
- Downtown revitalization experience and previous experience working with, or for, a municipality or CRA board preferred
- Economic development and historic preservation experience
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and report writing
- Superb organization skills, including Google Workspace, Drive, and spreadsheets
- Team player and flexible self-starter; ability to work collaboratively, but also self-managing and work well independently
- Strong work ethic and drive with a willingness to work an untraditional work schedule
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Community Development, Community Relations, Public Policy or similar area preferred
- Must have 2+ years experience working in stakeholder relations, membership recruitment, and event execution
- Application deadline: September 30, 2021 at 5pm
- Include: Resume, cover letter, references, and any supporting materials
- Email questions and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.