RRM Design Group is seeking an RRMer to join us as a full-time Senior Planner on our Planning and Urban Design team. The Senior Planner will manage a wide range of development projects (including affordable housing, mixed-use housing, commercial, and hospitality projects) through the local agency discretionary review and entitlements process.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment working with multi-disciplinary teams, be focused on preparing quality work, and possess a strong ability to manage project teams and support business development. Desired traits include being proactive, energetic, demonstrating initiative, and eager to be part of a growing and successful team. The candidate will have significant experience working with local jurisdictions in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, have a strong understanding of local land use regulations and housing policies, and exhibit excellent strategic and critical thinking skills to navigate the local land use approval process for a variety of project types.
YOUR ROLE LOOKS LIKE:
- Enjoy tackling challenges, bring intellectual curiosity, and thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Possess a firm understanding of CA land use and zoning laws, state housing laws, CA environmental quality act, subdivision map act, and CA coastal act.
- Possess a strong understanding of land use regulations, housing policies, and discretionary review procedures with various agencies within Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
- Strategically navigate the development review, environmental review (CEQA), and public hearing processes to successfully achieve project entitlements.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, landscape architects, and planners to produce high-quality projects.
- Have a strong understanding of project management fundamentals exercises independence and judgment while receiving general supervision and support from senior management.
- Help mentor and delegate to support staff.
- Have excellent problem-solving and strategic decision-making skills, good verbal and written communication skills including public speaking experience, and strong interpersonal skills.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of planning experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, real estate, geography, public administration, environmental science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of California’s current planning and development law and CEQA.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage project schedules and budgets.
- Professional certification/registration preferred (AICP, CNU-A, LEED AP, etc.
ABOVE & BEYOND:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience in the private and public sectors (development review and/or long-range planning
- Site planning and land planning skills.
To apply place click on the following link:
Please sign in to leave a comment.