The successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment and have a passion for preparing quality work. Desired traits include being proactive, energetic, demonstrates initiative, and eager to be part of a growing and successful team. They will possess excellent problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills; be conscientious; good verbal and written communication skills; experience working on planning projects, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements/implementation, design guidelines, and/or zoning codes. Ideally the Associate Planner would be located in San Diego County, however Orange County or San Luis Obispo County will be considered.
YOUR ROLE LOOKS LIKE:
- Effectively conduct research and analysis of code requirements, laws and ordinances, CEQA, and official records resulting in recommendations and document preparation.
- Write text-based documents such as general plans, specific plans, housing elements, design guidelines, zoning codes, and/or other policy documents.
- Prepare presentation graphics, ArcGIS mapping, workshop materials and assist with public outreach events.
- Ability to understand site and development plans and familiarity with development review processes.
- Assist with project coordination.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills; good verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; experience working on planning projects, including general plans, specific plans, housing elements, design guidelines, and/or zoning codes.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in City and Regional Planning, or other related field.
- Working knowledge of California Planning and Development Law and CEQA.
- Proficient in, Microsoft Office and the Adobe Suite, and particularly with InDesign.
- An understanding of other graphic software programs (e.g. ArcGIS, SketchUp, AutoCAD, etc.) is beneficial.
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly desired but not required.
If you are interested in applying for this position click the link below:
Please sign in to leave a comment.