Since their premier in 2020, the Strong Towns series of videos from the Amsterdam-based YouTube channel Not Just Bikes have been viewed more than 15 million times. We created a set of discussion guides to help advocates like you share the Not Just Bikes videos and use them to start building your own strong town.
We've made these discussion guides available in three different formats.
- The NJB + Strong Towns course is always free in the Strong Academy.
- You can visit the Not Just Bikes landing page on the Strong Towns site, where you will find both the discussion guides, the videos, and other Not Just Bikes content from Strong Towns.
- Or you can simply download PDFs of the discussion guides below.
- Episode 1: The Truth about American Cities
- Episode 2: How Suburban Development Makes American Cities Poorer
- Episode 3: Why American Cities Are Broke -- The Growth Ponzi Scheme
- Episode 4: How Bankrupt American Cities Stay Alive
- Episode 5: Stroads are Ugly, Expensive, and Dangerous (and They're Everywhere)
- Episode 6: The Wrong Way to Set Speed Limits
- Episode 7: Suburbia is Subsidized: Here's the Math
- Episode 8: Would You Fall for It?
- Not Just Bikes and Strong Towns Discuss Public Transit