Highway expansion is wasteful and destructive. But what can you do to fight it when such a project comes to your community? Hear from advocates on the front lines taking on the powerful network of highway-building interests in a panel discussion with members of the 4-Corners Coalition for Transportation Planning Reform in Louisiana, a unique regional group of advocates who have banded together around shared Strong Towns goals of ending highway expansion and creating safer streets.
Access the slides from the panel by clicking here. Infinite gratitude to Danielle Richard for designing them!
About the 4 Corners Coalition
- Visit the 4 Corners Coalition website
- Read about the 4 Corners Coalition on Strong Towns: Advocates Across The State Convene to Un-Stroad Louisiana
- Read Danielle Richard's piece, Luke Crosswalker: Tactical Urbanist
- Listen to Amy Stelly on the Bottom-Up Revolution Podcast
Top End Highway Expansion Resources from Strong Towns:
- End Highway Expansion (Core Campaign)
- End Highway Expansion (Core Insights & Case Studies)
- End Highway Expansion (Top Articles)
- Strong Towns coverage of Highway Projects in Shreveport and Louisiana