- Suzanne Woo is a professional engineer who specializes in road safety and community traffic issues. She was the Senior Engineer of Road Safety Engineering at the City of Ottawa for over 7 years, and has performed engineering safety reviews at countless locations across Canada during her 25 years of work experience. She currently co-chairs the Transportation Association of Canada’s Vision Zero and Safe System Approach Subcommittee. Most importantly, Suzanne is a mother of 2, a wife and an active community member who believes in the power of involving and engaging the community in all matters related to transportation, especially safety.
- Toon Dreessen is President of Architects DCA, an Ottawa-based architectural practice with roots that date back more than 25 years. Toon guides the company’s activism, leads project development initiatives, and is responsible for award-winning infill development work. Toon is a respected public speaker and published author; he has been featured on the Globe and Mail, CBC Radio, Ottawa Citizen, and other news publications. Toon's background and interest in design thinking has made him interested in Strong Towns and similar non-profit ventures.
- Rob Wilkinson has worked in municipal government for over 22 years with the last 10 formerly directing the award winning Safer Roads Ottawa program. He was the main catalyst in the creation of the first ever Fatal Collision Review Committee in Ottawa which helps advance traffic safety awareness and prevent crash-related fatalities and injuries. Having been a part of the investigating team for over 100 fatal crashes, Rob is keenly aware of how environmental factors, driver behavior, and aspects of road design can all influence the likelihood and severity of car crashes. Rob joins our panel today as a concerned citizen and road safety consultant for better and safer transportation systems.
- Chuck Marohn is the president and founder of Strong Towns, a civil engineer and author of the book Confessions of a Recovering Engineer: Transportation for a Strong Town. He developed the initial idea for the Crash Analysis Studio.
What additional information is included in the attachments?
- Ottawa Crash Presentation - PDF version of the Powerpoint from session recording
- A copy of the session's transcript
- A copy of the speed data information