- Erik Bootsma is an architect currently based out of Richmond, Virginia. Erik helped us gather information and conduct analysis during our last crash session! He has had a passion for building nearly his whole life. He built up valuable experience in architecture by working for his father's construction firm during his teenage and college years. Erik grew interested in the philosophy of architecture and aesthetics during his time at Thomas Aquinas College; he earned a Masters of Architecture degree from the University of Notre Dame.
- Joyce Johnson has been a cycling commuter for over 20 years. She is familiar with Meridian development patterns and has also been involved in city planning in the Boise area. Joyce is familiar with the Ada County Highway District and the model it uses for oversight. Joyce has ridden through the crash location intersection many times and knows the roadways in Treasure Valley well.
- Adrienne Weatherly is a longtime resident of the Treasure Valley; she has been walking, riding, and cycling throughout the greater community for more than two decades. Adrienne is the mother of two high school teenagers that, similar to Terry, also live within walking distance of their high school - they face traffic conditions like the ones being examined in this analysis on a regular basis. Adrienne holds a Bachelor's degree in urban studies and community development from Boise State University, and she volunteers within the local bicycling community.
- Micah Deffries has lived in the Treasure Valley for 29 years, including a year in Meridian less than a mile from the crash site when he was just out of high school himself. He regularly traveled by bicycle across ten mile commuting to work during a two year period where he had donated his vehicle through a program with New Belgium brewing to ride for a year in an effort to promote alternative transportation. Currently he is a small business owner who advocates for transportation improvements across the valley.
- Edward Erfurt is the Director of Community Action at Strong Towns. He is a trained architect and passionate urban designer with over 20 years of public-sector and private-sector experience. Edward has a skilled eye when it comes to evaluating the safety issues posed by stroads, intersections, roads, and streets.
What additional information is included in the attachments?
- Meridian Crash Presentation - PDF version of the Powerpoint from session recording
- A copy of the session's transcript
- A copy of the speed data information
Please sign in to leave a comment.