- Tristan Cleveland, PhD currently works with Happy Cities as an Urban Planner and Research Specialist. Tristan's PhD research focused on finding solutions to operationalize healthy communities. He uses his expertise to advise clients on how to design more walkable and complete places. He is a respected commentator on urban planning and design, with work published in Star Metro, Spacing, and Strong Towns. He has led projects with national and municipal governments in Canada, the United Arab Emirates and beyond, helping activate health research as an integral component of design and policy.
- Michelle Lam is the Director of the Centre for Applied Research and Education in Indigenous, Rural and Remote Settings (BU CARES), and a faculty member in the Curriculum and Pedagogy Department at Brandon University. She lives with her family approximately a half-mile from the crash site, and cycles to and from work on a regular basis. Michelle is becoming even more interested in transportation and pedestrian safety as she watches her children grow into independent, young adults.
- Areta Donnelly is the campaign director of Brandon and area United Way. Areta serves alongside Grant Hamilton on the city’s Vision Zero task force, and she also sits on the Age Friendly Committee. Areta is enthusiastic about transportation safety within her neighborhood and Brandon at large. She is aware of how on-street parking, road design, sidewalks, and community infrastructure are all factors that can increase and decrease the likelihood of automobile crashes. Areta lives a couple blocks away from the crash location.
- Edward Erfurt is the Director of Community Action at Strong Towns. He is a trained architect and urban designer with over 20 years of public-sector and private-sector experience. Edward has a skilled eye when it comes to evaluating the safety issues posed by stroads, intersections, roads, and streets.
What additional information is included in the attachments?
- Brandon Crash Presentation - PDF version of the Powerpoint from session recording
- A copy of the session's transcript
- A copy of the speed data information