- Chris Miller is a Civil Engineer licensed in both Tennessee and North Carolina with 6 years of engineering experience. His work with the Tennessee Department of Transportation included spot safety analyses and improvement projects. He is affiliated with the Charlotte Urbanists, which is how he heard about this studio session. Chris is particularly interested in traffic signal timing at this intersection.
- Jaden Blank is an ambitious road safety enthusiast; as our nominator, he gathered all of the supporting information while in Charlotte for the Strong Towns National Gathering. Jaden lived in Charlotte for 12 years. Michael-Luther was on Jaden’s gymnastics team. Jaden currently attends West Point Academy.
- Chris Konecnik is an airline captain and an active member of both Strong Towns and the Charlotte Urbanists organization in Charlotte, North Carolina. He decided to participate as a panelist because he finds the statistics on roadway fatalities in auto-oriented environments throughout the U.S. to be really unsettling. Chris sees a lot of deliberate efforts in the aviation industry to build out safety protocols and believes that similar attention could help improve our roadways and transportation systems.
- Edward Erfurt is the Director of Community Action at Strong Towns. He is a trained architect and passionate urban designer with over 20 years of public-sector and private-sector experience. Edward has a skilled eye when it comes to evaluating the safety issues posed by stroads, intersections, roads, and streets.
What additional information is included in the attachments?
- Charlotte Crash Presentation - PDF version of the Powerpoint from session recording
- A copy of the session's transcript
- A copy of the speed data information